For me Spring is about keeping it nice and simple. I’m a product queen (and spend way too much of my disposable income on the latest and greatest products I read about in some magazine). But with a baby on the way and an eighteen-monther in tow, gone are the days when I spent 20 vanity-filled minutes in front of the mirror pruning and preening. I’ve discovered a few great products that help me simplify my morning skin and makeup regimen (my naturally curly hair is a whole other story, not even Vidal Sassoon himself could help tame my wild tresses). Some of these products I discovered through my latest addiction: Birchbox (have you tried it? I look forward to receiving that little pink box every month), and some I’ve been using for years. Note- I have dry but sensitive skin. None of the products here have caused breakouts and in fact several helped me clear my skin of terrible hormonal acne along my jaw line, I stand by them.
2. JOUER Luminizing Moisture TInt, SPF 20, gives my skin a slight pearlescent glow, the best tinted moisturizer I’ve found
3. ALIMA PURE mineral foundation, I love this all natural Portland based makeup line, no irritating bismuth oxycholoride like the leading mineral makeup brands, pure rich colors, and they send you as many samples as you want for $1.50 each so you can match your perfect shade
4. ALIMA PURE cruelty free makeup brushes, long lasting and easy to clean, really really soft
5. KEVYN AUCOIN The Sensual Skin Enhancer, when I need a little extra coverage, I dab this onto blemishes, it blends seamlessly, never cakey, long lasting coverage. I can’t believe Sephora stopped carrying this wonderful line
6. ALIMA PURE Pearluster Eyeshadow, rich colors in matte or pearlescent, blends easily
7. SMASHBOX Brow Tech, I’ve been using this for years. 2 colors ensures I can fill in my brows easily, plus the wax holds them in place, lasts all day. I don’t leave the house without taming my curly brows
8. ESTEE LAUDER More than Mascara, another favorite, I’ve tried so many mascaras but always return to this one. The brush spreads each lash and it doesn’t clump or smear, lasts all day
9. NAHLA BEAUTY Oma Face Serum No. 1, this line of skin care products is all natural. Uses oils rather than petroleum products to moisturize. I used it for years, and now it’s inspired me to create my own skin care concoctions. My skin cleared up after I started using these products religiously on my skin. Highly recommended
10. FRESH lip treatment in PLUM, Just a hint of color, glides on smooth, great consistency. I wear this daily. SPF 15 provides good lip coverage. Too much shea butter dries out my lips. These are beeswax and jojoba based and keep my lips soft.
There you have it. My 5 minute no fuss, all natural, skin and makeup routine. No more breakouts on this skin! Give a few of these a try and let me know how you like them.